Monday, May 03, 2010

Jury Duty

Today I am performing my civic duty, I am on Jury Duty.

My summons noted that I was to arrive at 8:30am this morning, downtown Seattle.

At around 7:15 this morning I happened to pull up their website where in bold red letters it stated:

PLEASE NOTE:  There was a printing error on the April and May summons you may have received.  The summons instructs citizens to report at 8:30 AM.  The report time should be 8:00 AM.  Please accept our apologies for this error and report at 8:00 AM on the date you have been summonsed.

I was the in hurry mode.  If you know me at all, you know that I can't stand to be late, for ANYTHING.  So I busted through the rest of my morning rituals, sprinted to the bus stop, caught the 21 express, walked 8 more blocks to the courthouse, and arrived at the front door at 7:58am.

Once I cleared security and checked in I grabbed a nice end seat and settled in.  And since that moment I have sat here.  And sat.  And then sat some more.  It is now 11:12am and I am still in the exact same spot.

Excitement.  Let me tell you.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.