Monday, February 26, 2007

Another Whirlwind Weekend

Wasn't it just Friday? Didn't I just leave work, excited at the prospect of a fun fun weekend? No work for 2 days, lots of time to do so many things I wanted to do? And damn, here I am, back at work already. Where did it go? Here is a recap, does it seem like enough?

Friday - Met Steve and Chris for dinner at Paddy Coynes. They had been fishing all afternoon at Carkeek Park in N. Seattle.

Saturday Morning - Chris and I went to Sears to purchase our new Refrigerator, Stove, Dishwasher, and Hood! Of course we have to wait until March 12th for everything to be delivered, but boy is it going to be grand! I was so excited it was all I could talk about all day.

Saturday Afternoon - We went on an Argosy Locks Cruise with my cousin Cam, his wife Cheri, my cousin Elise, her boyfriend Josh and their friend Jamie. It was raining and cold, but it was still fun to be out on the water, and its always fun to go through the Ballard Locks. (Hopefully I can get the pictures I took uploaded soon. Fun Times!)

Saturday Evening - After the cruise we headed north to Cam and Cheri's Lake City home for a rainy day bbq. It was our first visit to their new home so we got the grand tour. They made us a wonderful dinner and we had a great time sitting around and visiting.

Sunday - Car Wash, Home Depot, Starbucks, Costco, Safeway, home. Then I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, did laundry, cleaned, more laundry, cleaned. I attempted to make a recipe I found for crock pot Mac&Cheese. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to make this recipe. It turned out HORRIBLE.

And then, it was Sunday night and time to get ready for Monday work and class. I was bitter, I was angry, I wanted more free time, I wanted to frolic in fields of Gerbera Daisies.

At this point Chris was dashing about the house, excited at the prospect of going skiing today for the annual Argosy ski day. This brought my mood to an all time low. It rained all weekend equating to snow in the mountains and he was going skiing. And not just going skiing, but traveling on a bus with 30 of his coworkers and a keg of beer to spend the day skiing in fresh powder.

My weekend went to fast, and boy am I bitter.....
The End.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.