Monday, June 11, 2007

3 in 30

Today I completed a goal. A while back I started jogging every few days on the treadmill at the gym instead of Elliptical or walking. Now, I'm a good walker, at least I think I am, but I am NOT a good jogger. I've always hated jogging, probably because of all the problems I've had with my feet, but recently I've been giving it a go again. I'm not fast, and it sure isn't pretty, but when I get done jogging I feel good about myself. So, I set a goal. I wanted to be able to jog 3 miles in 30 minutes. And for a long time I could run 3 miles in 34 minutes. Then I got to 33 minutes. Then back to 34....you get the picture. I'm old and slow and I couldn't get to 30 minutes. But today, today I got on the treadmill and I said "today is going to be the day" and I did it. I watched "The Hulk" and I ran 3 miles in exactly 30 minutes. Now I'm tired and I feel a bit dehydrated. But I'm proud of myself, so there.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.