Monday, September 17, 2007

San Francisco

Mom and I are currently in San Francisco. I'm here to speak at a conference and mom is here to shop apparently (although she mostly just talks me into buying things???). Yesterday we explored Fisherman's Wharf. This is my 4th year at this conference and I had never been down there. We took the cable car up and over the hill. The first place we went was Ghirardelli Square. Mmm..Chocolate!
img_6994
Then we went to the Hyde St. Pier and checked out all of the cool old boats.
img_6999
img_7000
img_7005
Then we walked on and found Jones St!
img_7006
Chris's friend Phil now works for the Red and White fleet down here (he used to be a captain at Argosy!) so I had to get a picture of one of their boats to show the crew back in Seattle.
img_7007
img_7012
Then we went down to Pier 39 where all of the tourist shops are and found this insane array of Sea Lions. Boy were they smelly.
img_7019
img_7017
On the way back to our hotel we got off the cable car on Nob Hill. Mom wanted to go see the Mark Hopkins hotel where she and dad had stayed for a week about 15 years ago. We found the hotel and we were going to have cocktails at the Top of the Mark but they weren't open until 5pm. We might go back tomorrow, time permitting.
For dinner last night my friend Darrell (we've known each other since 1st grade) and his wife Jeanette picked us up at our hotel and took us to a wonderful restaurant on Embarcadero. Of course I've already forgotten the name.
What a wonderful day......

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.