Friday, September 21, 2007

Shaking My Head

On the bus this morning I saw something that made me so very upset, angry, sad, disgusted, and appalled. Every morning there is a gentleman who gets on the bus a few stops after me who is in a wheelchair. He's always very polite and thanks everyone who moves to back to make room for his chair as well as those who help him get strapped in.

He has a couple of stickers on the back of his chair like bumper stickers. One is a patriot D symbolizing Democrat. The other says "If you think education is expensive try ignorance". I've always noticed both of these and smiled every time I read them.

Today I noticed something horrific. Something that made anger well up inside me. Someone had tagged his stickers. Over the top of the D they had written in sharpie - gay. Over the other sticker they had written - west side.

My faith in humankind just dropped another notch.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.