Monday, October 15, 2007

Strides Were Made

Yesterday I met up with some fellow Warming Hut Hotties to participate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Bellevue. It was great to see everyone again and many of us managed to talk ourselves into to participating in the 3day next year. As Melissa put it "Because I can". That pretty much sums it up.

A new found pleasure this weekend was playing Lord of the Rings online with Chris. He's been asking me to play it for sometime but I've always resisted. Now that I have the new laptop I finally gave in. I must say I truly enjoyed it. I was a female elf of the champion class. This basically means that I like to use a sword and knife and kill things - constantly. My favorite skill I learned was the Wild Attack. It is exactly as it sounds, wild. It is amazing to me how fast time flies by when you're playing a game like that. It took about 2 hours to download and get set up and then we played for about 4 hours straight. Chris was a minstrel so as I killed things he healed me with song. Fun times.....

Another weekend activity was shopping for an entertainment center. We've lived in the house for about 1.5 years and had the fancy TV for about that long. It currently sits on this wicker table that came from the boat with this weird shelf thingie next to it to hold all the components, dvds and our game collection. It drives me nuts mainly because it isn't symmetrical and everything is sort of piled all willy nilly on the shelf thingie. We went to 3 furniture stores in Southcenter on Saturday morning and we finally ended up at Ikea. After much debate we agreed up on one that we both liked and would actually fit in the space we had. It was a modular system so we sat at one of the tables and built out exactly what we would want. We then proceeded to the warehouse area to load it in the cart where we found that it was out of stock. *sigh* Now we have to wait 7-10 days for it to be back in stock. Lame.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.