Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I now remember....

.....why I used to hate driving so much. For the past 5 years I took the bus to work every day and home most every night. I'd read my book or listen to NPR and only occasionally have to deal with the stinky seat mate.

But now I work in Bellevue, the bus ride takes about 1 hour more than driving, and well my company gave me a parking spot - so I drive. I still listen to NPR, I don't have any stinky seat mates (unless you count the soggy carpets my parents left us last night that left my Subaru with an odd odor), but I do have to deal with other drivers. And here my rant begins.

For you drivers on 35th in West Seattle:
  • Why is it that if the speed limit is 35 you must go 50?
  • Why must you tailgate me if I'm only going 38 (38?! Technically speeding!!)
  • Why must you drive in the middle of both lanes?
  • Why can't you find your blinkers?

For the drivers on I-90:
  • Why is it that if the speed limit is 60 you must go 70?
  • Why must you tailgate me if I'm only going 63 (63?! Technically speeding!!)
  • Why can't you find your blinkers?
For the drivers on Bellevue Way:
  • Why is it that if the speed limit is 40 you must go 30?
  • Why do I feel the urge to tailgate you? (Not that I do! But I have that urge).
  • Why can't you find your blinkers?
  • Why are the lights here so long?
  • Why is your car so darn big?! Oh, and why is it probably worth more than my house?!
I dream of the day when there is a rapid transit solution for the Seattle region. I just hope I'm still around to see it happen!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.