Monday, May 05, 2008

More Yardwork Blunders

Friday I left work early to go home and work in the yard. I decided to clean up all the leaves from under this crazy Banana Tree (not the real name I know, but that is what I call it) that is in our front yard. I tried raking them up but that didn't work too well. So I got out the blower/vac and tried to vacuum them up but they were too big. Finally I gave in, climbed up on the wall where the tree is perched, got down on my hands and knees and began to pick them up one by one. I finally got them all picked up so I stood to climb back down. As I stood up I hit my head on the stupid Banana Tree and toppled backwards into this giant shrub we have. I closed my eyes because I'm sure there were spiders scurrying everywhere. I untangled myself, brushed myself off and climbed off the wall. My arms itched like crazy and I couldn't escape the smell of pine shrub. When Chris got home the first thing he said was "You smell like a tree". I had to take an Aveeno Oatmeal bath to get rid of the itching and the tree smell. Fun times.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.