Monday, June 02, 2008

Gray Hair Why Can't You Behave?

I'm ok with getting older.

I've come to grips with the changes our bodies go through after 30.

I'm ok with not getting carded anymore.

And ultimately I wouldn't mind a head full of gray hair.

But the gray hairs will not cooperate!

My dad has been fully gray as long as I can remember and I love the color of his hair. It has a nice soft texture and lays on his head just so. I don't ever remember him having little tiny wiry gray hairs that stick up everywhere. So why on the top of my head do I have about 1,000 of them right now going every which way. And why did they just start doing this over past month?

I was going to grow my hair out to the natural dirty sink water brown that it is, and then let the gray slowly take over, instead of the blondish highlights that I usually spend way too much money on. It has been about 8 months since my last highlight and things were going along well.......until the little short monsters showed up.

Well gray hairs, you win. I shall visit the salon in an attempt to hide you once again.

Why can't you be soft and manageable like your blondish, dirty brownish cousins?

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.