Sunday, June 15, 2008

Locked Out!

Yesterday morning I had to get up early and head to Ingram HS in North Seattle for the 3day Expo. The Warming Hut Hotties had a booth and I was in charge of it! Chris was planning a trip south to Olympia so we decided he should take the GTI (parked in the driveway - tandem) and I would take the Subaru (parked in the garage).

Chris moved the GTI out of the way as I took off in the Subaru. Off I went, headed to I-5 north. Right before I reached the freeway my phone rang. Usually I wouldn't answer it in the car, and especially if it said "Private Number" but for some reason I did. On the line I heard a recording say "You have a collect call from" and then Chris's voice saying "Chris". I thought, OH NO! Next I heard "Your phone company does not allow collect calls, goodbye" and click it was gone.

Needless to say I freaked out. Immediately I new I had to get back home and then it hit me....I had locked him out. I'm a real stickler for always locking our doors and yesterday was no exception. I had exited the house after Chris and locked the door. He had not taken his house keys, and was still in his pajamas. He had no idea that I had received his attempt at the collect call and by the time I got home he was sitting on the back porch staring off into space trying to figure out what he was going to do for the next 6 hours with no wallet and in his pajamas.

Oops!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you guys have a hidden key-tty?

Roberta said...

Can't you go to a pub in your pajamas in Seattle?

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.