Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wii Fit - First Impressions

Yesterday when I arrived home there on the front stoop was what I'd been waiting for. Wii Fit. Of course I had numerous opportunities to pre-order it before it was released and never did. But once it was released I realized that I HAD TO HAVE IT!

By then all of the stores were sold out of them, and when I asked when they were going to get them in again they all said "I have no idea, but probably not for a while". So I signed up for an online Wii Fit stock tracker and after about 10 tries was able to order one from Circuit City. It finally arrived yesterday!

Right away I unpacked it and set it up. I played it for about 30 minutes until I had to leave for my yogalates class. It told me that my Wii Fit Age was 28, so now I'm hooked. Anything that tells me I'm 4 (almost 5) years younger than I actually am is a'ok with me.

The yoga poses were great and pretty much just like the ones we do in class, although slower. I chose the male trainer for motivation.

Of the aerobic games I did the running, hula hoop, and basic step. My favorite was the basic step, especially the part where I did well and the other Mii's (this time it was Snoopy and my dad) were giving me props.

Finally of the balance games I did the ball rolling, which took some time to get used to, ski jumping (really fun!) and the slalom skiing. After a couple tries at skiing I got the hang of it and really began to enjoy it. Not as good as the real thing, but definitely fun.

So, after the first session I must say that Wii Fit is pretty darn fun. I don't think it is a substitute for actual exercise but it really does get you to focus on all aspects of your posture, balance, strength and stamina rather than just one! And, you can do it in the comfort of your own home.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.