Sunday, July 13, 2008

Congrats Angie and Brandon!! - Matron Makes Me Feel Old

Chris's sister Angie and her long time beau Brandon are engaged! Brandon popped the question during their 4th of July weekend on Anderson Island. Check out the rock (nice work Brandon!):

IMG_0907

But....the best part (!!!) is that Angie asked me to be her Matron of Honor! I'm so, so, so excited and I feel totally honored. The only thing is, I've never been a "Matron" before and it makes me feel kind of old. When she said "Will you be my Matron of Honor" I thought to myself, well no I can't, I'm not a matron.
ma·tron (mtrn)
n.
1. A married woman or a widow, especially a mother of dignity, mature age, and established social position.
2. A woman who acts as a supervisor or monitor in a public institution, such as a school, hospital, or prison.

Turns out I was wrong, I am a matron. Mainly just because I'm married but I'd also like to think it is because of the "established social position" part.

Wishful thinking I know!

Anyway, congrats to Angie and Brandon, I can't wait for the wedding!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.