Monday, August 25, 2008

Bad Product Placement

Yesterday I got to do one of my favorite things: Lay on the couch, flanked by kitties, watching a Law & Order marathon on USA Network. The marathon yesterday was for Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Oh do I love watching Vincent D'Onofrio..........love...watching....

But I digress.

One of the episodes I watched was called Smile. Here is the logline from the USA Network website:
A Park Avenue dentist's murder turns out to be connected to the death of one of his young patients. As detectives Goren and Eames look into both murders, they follow a trail of counterfeit and poisoned mouthwash from the streets of Harlem to the FDA and Wall Street.
Needless to say it makes you begin to wonder about poisoned mouthwash, and just as those thoughts began to swirl about my mind a commercial came on for, yep you guessed it, mouthwash.

If I was the mouthwash company, that had probably paid a pretty penny for that advertisement, I'd be a little ticked off.

In my mind I'll always equate Act Mouthwash with Criminal Intent and poison.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.