Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goodbye 32

Tomorrow at this time I will officially be 33 years old. I can honestly say that I have had an amazing 33 years this far. I have an incredible and supportive family, fun and interesting friends, a roof of my own over my head and a pretty kick-ass husband. What more does a girl from a small town in central Washington need.

I can't complain.

I feel reflective today, as I usually do right before a birthday. Time slips by rapidly and sometimes you have to take a moment to reflect on the past year.

For me this has been a year of career changes, for both myself and my parents. I moved from a secure job and took a chance with a volatile start up. I'm not sure I'll ever outgrow the trill of taking a chance. My parents moved from their career into retirement. It was really hard for me to adjust to the thought of them not working, and I think it was even harder for my father's patients to adjust.

This has also been a year of home transformation. We're slowing pecking away at the list of things we'd like to do to our house. It is amazing what a little sweat and hard work can accomplish. We're so lucky that we love our house and neighborhood. It really feels like home.

So goodbye 32, thanks for the memories. I can't wait to see what 33 has in store for me!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.