Monday, August 24, 2009

Close to Nature

Friday morning Chris and I took our kayaks out on the sound in an attempt to catch my b'day dinner. Chris managed to land a 23 inch Silver!



Of course, then he had to clean the fish (which I do not help with). Once he had cleaned it he threw the carcass down on the beach in front of the cabin.

I was not aware he had done that.

Jet and I were taking a walk on the beach and I had stopped to check my email (phone gets the best reception on the beach for some reason).

Jet was wading in the water and I was responding to messages when all of a sudden I heard this "Woosh, Woosh, Woosh" and looked over just in time to see a giant Bald Eagle not 20 feet from me swooping down, grabbing the fish carcass, and then flying away.

Boy do I wish I had a picture of that.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.