Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blind as a ...

I took the wrong bus home last night. Apparently after 2 beers the number 22 looks like the number 21 to me. How pitiful is that? I think the worst part is that I had no idea I was on the wrong bus until it was too late. The 21 and the 22 take basically the same route until 35th and Avalon in West Seattle. At that point the 22 takes a sharp right and heads towards the water. There I was, riding along, dozing in and out, listening to NPR and all of a sudden I look out the window and we were passing Easy Street Records. Fairly shocking I must say. So, I realized I was on the wrong bus and I had no idea where I was going. I walked up and asked the bus driver, who laughed, what bus I was on. Then I grabbed the pamphlet that told me the route. Luckily the 22 heads down California Avenue towards our house. I was able to get off the bus at 41st and Holden and then walk a mere 3 blocks to my house. I'm sure glad it didn't turn out like that time I was trying to go to Ballard and ended up in Sandpoint. *phew*

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.