Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

It's been a few days since I've been on here. Chris and I took a trip over the mountains to Wenatchee to celebrate a belated Christmas with my side of the family. My brother, his wife and my two nieces were there. We all stayed together at my parent's house. What a fun time we had.

Friday my brother, my father, Chris and I went skiing at Mission Ridge. The conditions were near perfect. Not too cold, slightly overcast, tons of snow. The LIBERATOR (the new high speed quad chair) was up and running smoothly keeping all of the lift lines at a minimum. Sadly, at some point this year, my feet outgrew my ski boots. I skied all day in a boot that was a size two small and now I may lose my toenail because of it. What a huge disappointment. I loved those boots. It will be hard to find another pair that I like as well. Of course, the fact that they didn't fit helped me give them up pretty easily. I gave them to my sister-in-law Sara. Lucky lady.

Saturday we took Chris to fisherman's heaven - Hooked On Toys. It's this crazy store in Wenatchee with a little bit of everything. Chris got a bunch of fly-tying equipment to use with his new vise I gave him for Christmas. I got a new tackle box!! It's really pretty and blue and will hold all of my fishing stuff. After that we went to Lincoln Park in Wenatchee and went sledding. My nieces had a blast, but probably not as much fun as Aunt Courtney & Uncle Chris.

Yesterday we drove back from Wenatchee since Chris had to work last night. He had to drive the Beaver to deliver the photos to the numerous boats that were out for New Years Eve. I ended up over at Matty's house for an amazing dinner. I was sure that I'd end up coming home and going to bed around 10pm, however I ended up staying there until we toasted the New Year. Jason was up visiting from Texas with his new girlfriend Lina. Monica also came over and Pete and Cloe showed up right before midnight. Jason and I dominated Trivial Pursuit. Turned out to be a really great way to spend the holiday. We even pulled out the champagne at midnight........

And now, another year has come and gone. It's been a whirlwind for Chris and I. We bought a house and got married in 2006. Hopefully 2007 will be a bit calmer!!

Cheers!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.