Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow Day! Round Two

Ok, enough already. We get it nature, you win. Now give us back our 45 degree weather which is normal for this time of year. I woke up this morning to about 2 inches of new snow. I trudged to the bus stop and proceeded to wait almost 1 hour before a guy drove by yelling "all the buses are stuck at the bottom of 35th!". So, I walked back home and got the Subaru out for a treacherous drive to work. Mind you, this is the day that my company picked to have it's mandatory all day 2007 kick off. Not that they planned for the snow, but it sure did make things difficult. Classes started at 8am sharp this morning. I arrived around 8:30. Oh well. The drive in wasn't THAT bad, but it really wasn't THAT fun either. The big hill on 35th was insane. There were cars spun out and crashed into each other. There was a bus jack knifed in the middle blocking all south bound lanes (hence no buses). My friend called me on my way and she was stranded as well so I went by her house to pick her up. It was a blizzard. We crept our way to downtown. Once here the roads were nice and slushy. I'm really really really really not looking forward to driving home tonight. Many of you know how much I HATE driving in Seattle. Especially when all the crazy idiots who drive 50 on the frozen streets and then bash their cars into each other are out. No pictures today, I was in too much shock about how much snow we had........

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.