Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Yesterday I arrived at my gym (Allstar Fitness - Downtown) to find that the remodel they've been doing for about 18 months is *almost* complete. I had forgotten how great is was to have a full sized locker, a shower with hot water immediately, mirrors for combing your hair, and lots of available working machines. It was like Christmas, but different. In addition there are flat screen TVs everywhere! And I mean everywhere! There is even one in the women's locker room. Not just a huge flat screen TV in the locker room, but 4 leather chairs in which to lounge in and watch said TV. I fear that this may lead me into kidding myself into believing that because I'm at least at the gym I'm doing some good, but perhaps I should just spend my lunch hour sitting in the locker room and watching reruns of Law & Order: SVU. I could bring my lunch with me, or maybe buy something from their vending machines. And when people at work asked where I've been I could simply state "the gym". That wouldn't be a lie.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.