Wednesday, February 28, 2007

That's Mrs. Clumsy to You

So it is a well known fact to most of my family and friends that I fall down a lot. Sometimes I trip, often I run into things, and sometimes I just flat out fall.

Almost 4 years ago I was playing in a soccer match down near SeaTac when a girl from the other team and I collided. We were both going for a header and instead ended up heading each other. Ever since then I've had what I like to call "Inner Ear Issues". This causes the tripping and falling. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Although there may have been some falling and such before the head incident, but no one can prove anything. So there....

Back to falling; last night I was on my way to meet Kara, Matty and Chris at Fado Irish Pub. I was heading down one of Seattle's many steep streets, talking to my mother on the phone, when all of a sudden I stepped onto a slippery sidewalk grate and skidded out of control. I managed to keep my phone pressed to my ear and came down really hard on my knee and then caught myself with my left hand wrenching my wrist. My mom heard the commotion and started yelling "COURTNEY ARE YOU OK, ARE YOU OK, COURTNEY, OH MY, COURTNEY WHAT HAPPENED". I just sat there on the sidewalk in shock, in pain, and totally embarrassed. Luckily people acted like they didn't see anything, or me for that matter, and just stepped over my pained body. Not one "are you ok?" or "can I help you up", they just kept about their business. Finally I was able to right myself and head towards Fado at a slow pitiful limp. At least this time I didn't rip my pants and I probably won't end up with a huge scar......little victories.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.