Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Downside Of So Much Walking

I am pretty sure I now have Plantar Fasciitis in my left foot. Doesn't that just sound horrible. Like my foot is going to turn all red and filled with pus and then fall off? But really it is just that my heel hurts, mainly in the morning, and the pain spreads along the arch towards the toe. I've had to resort to the elliptical trainer at the gym since it is low impact. I suppose it is time to get fitted for a new pair of orthotics.

My entire life I've had trouble with my feet. When I was a kid and I'd go shopping with my mom, about 1 hour into it I would begin to complain about my feet hurting. She thought I just hated shopping and for the longest time just drug me along. Then one day they took me to the podiatrist. He took one look at my feet and confirmed that I suponated and it was causing bone problems on the side of my feet. He basically said that I might outgrow it, or they could break both my feet and reset them. At the time I couldn't fathom missing a season of any of the sports I played (soccer, skiing, tennis, softball) not to mention possible side activities (hiking, water skiing) so I opted for the outgrowing. He gave me some braces, fit me for some orthotics, I tried just about everything. Eventually I started to outgrow it. Mostly.

But now this! And I'm not even pushing it yet. Darn it........oh well....time for a new pair of orthotics. Or maybe.....SUPERFEET!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.