Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Dogs Are Tired

In the past 2 days I've walked 27 Hottie Miles. About 64,000 steps. And boy are my legs tired. Not so tired that I can't get from here to there, but tired enough to make me want to sit on the couch the rest of the day and rub lotion on my feet. I have to say it is pretty impressive to go out with a group of about 30 men and women, some Breast Cancer Survivors, some who have lost loved ones to the battle, and some who are just out there to do something good, and watch them all complete a 15.5 mile walk and come into the finish with smiles on their faces despite the blisters on their feet. One woman, a 3 time survivor with incredibly painful looking blisters on her feet, who didn't think she'd be able to make it, was able to finish the walk and give all of us high fives. As cheesy as it may sound, my heart if filled with pride.

Go Seattle Warming Hut Hotties!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.