Saturday, December 08, 2007

House Bird

So I was sitting here minding my own business, blogging, checking investment accounts, shopping online when I heard some rustling in the fireplace across from me. Percy and I both went to check it out but couldn't really see anything so I went back to my spot on the couch. I then called my father to get the update on when they'd be leaving. As I was talking to him a giant Flicker (woodpecker) came down the chimney and landed on the fireplace screen. Needless to say I began to scream. I threw down the phone (poor dad) and yelled for Chris who was still in bed. The bird had by then gone behind the TV and was stuck in mess of cords back there. I put the kitties in the bedroom and shut the door, Chris got the pot holders on and I grabbed a broom and opened both the front and the back doors. After about 5 minutes the bird flew out from behind the TV and out the open back door. My heart is still pounding like crazy. Apparently the birds would like Chris to put more seed out in the feeders so they sent in a representative to get us moving. We've now shut our flue.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.