Friday, February 01, 2008

Lunch in AZ

Yesterday I had lunch in Tempe, Arizona. We flew down in the morning, had lunch, went to a meeting, and flew back. I'd never been outside of the airport in Phoenix so it was a new experience for me. I was expecting it to be sunny and warm there. It was sunny...but boy was it chilly. I think at one point it got up to around 55 degrees, but that was right when we were getting ready to leave.

Oh, and Phoenix has Super Bowl fever. I had completely forgotten that the Super Bowl is going to be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium this Sunday. When we landed and walked into the terminal it all came rushing back. There were banners everywhere. Also, throughout the airport they were selling Super Bowl merchandise. I picked up a set of 3 golf balls and they were $14.99. No thanks. In Tempe where we had lunch there was a makeshift store next door completely filled with merchandise. Lets just say I'm glad we got out of town when we did!

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Tempe Rocks!

You shoulda visit when I was at ASU I would have taken you to all the cool drinking spots.

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.