Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yogalates Kicked My Butt

Last night was my first Yogalates class. It is put on by Seattle Parks and Recreation at the High Point Community Center near our house.

This is how they describe Yogalates:
Explore the different yoga styles and techniques of breathing, stretching and strengthening. Combine two terrific workouts into one, Yoga and Pilates! Yogalates works your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles which help to protect and strengthen the lower back, tone the belly, trim the waist and assist with core stability. It is excellent for developing general tone and fitness in the body while also creating a sense of inner calm, relaxation and overall well-being. Beginners and intermediates are welcome.

This is how I describe Yogalates:
Come and join us for 55 minutes or crazy poses and lots of pain. You'll move like you've never moved. You should know all of the standard Yoga poses before signing up for this class. You'll be very sore the next day. Beginners will be totally lost.

Although, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the butt kicking. It was fun to try something different. I've never taken a Yoga or Pilates class. I've only done them with DVDs or Excercise TV. I look forward to the next 4 classes.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.