Thursday, April 02, 2009

My Brain is Bringing Me Down

I am very busy these days. I love being busy.  I love what I'm doing.  But I am very very busy.

I have a ton of things going through my mind.  Lists I'm making, projects I'm working on, functionality I'm building, training I'm providing, the yard work that I keep putting off, and the impending house projects (new windows!!).  Oh so many things.

I'm pretty strict with myself about getting a good nights sleep.  The alarm goes off at 5:30am, 5 days a week, and I have to be in bed, drifting off to dreamland, by 10pm to be alert and effective the next day.

However, on average, once a week, my brain wakes me up around 1am and begins it's insane spinning.  And spins and spins and spins.  Lists rotate around, projects jump in and out, panic sets in about things I need to get done, and may or may not have forgotten to do.  Eventually I just lay there, heart beating rapidly, listening to Chris and Jet snore, until my alarm goes off at 5:30am. 

And then I'm not living up to my potential. 

Don't get me wrong, I can still function, I still get things done that I need to get done, but I feel like I'm teetering on the edge.  I pride myself in always being ahead of the curve, not on the curve. 

So, here is my open declaration to my brain:  Knock it off!  You're not helping anything.

2 comments:

Lisa and company said...

My spinning takes place when I am trying to fall asleep. Drives me crazy and the alarm goes off here at about 4:45 although I stretch that to 5 most mornings.

If you figure out how to get through to your brain to knock it off let the rest of us know. LOL!

KermitFan said...

I'm with Lisa, the previous commenter, my brain begins spinning just as I go to bed. VERY annoying! Ugh!

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.