Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Listen Up Bus Drivers

Ok, this will teach me to hit snooze two times and come in on a later bus. But geeze! You've got to be kidding me....

I get on the 7:05 bus instead of the 6:43 bus this morning. Not a big deal I figure. The first thing I notice is that it is a short bus and not my usual long double bus. I also notice that it is filled with about twice as many people. There isn't a single seat and two people are already standing. Ok, I can stand. Everything is going ok until the bus driver guy doesn't stop at the last stop in West Seattle. This provokes people waiting for the bus to begin to hit the sides. For some reason this angers Mr. Bus Driver and he takes off. And I mean...TAKES OFF. He speeds down Avalon way and onto the West Seattle Bridge. He bullies people out of his way and zooms down the bus only lane at about 70 MPH. I'm feeling a little nervous when all of a sudden instead of moving over a lane and getting on the 99 he slams his way down the 1st ave s exit. Now I'm a little freaked out. We have a maniac bus driver and we're off the route. He turns onto 1st ave s and begins zooming down the street at about 50 mph, running red lights, forcing bikers to the sidewalk, etc. By this time I'm frantically looking around the bus to see what the other passengers are doing, but no one really looks that concerned. Finally we enter downtown and he slams to a stop about 3 feet from a police officer directing traffic. He slowly makes his way to the normal bus stop and opens the doors. I make a mad dash for safety.

So much for a little extra sleep!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.