Friday, December 08, 2006

Supporting the Little Guy is Expensive

I went Christmas shopping after work yesterday. I went to a local toy store downtown in the market to see what they had. They had the gift I'd been wanting for one of my nieces. I had seen it at Toys 'R Us the other day for $24.99. I thought, well it can't be much more expensive here, and I'll be supporting independent stores! Go me. Well, I pick it up, turn it over, and find out they are charging $44.99 for the same item. Now, I really would like to support them. But, being on a budget this year I'm very conscious of the price of things. If I went back to Toys 'R Us and got the item I could also get the books that go with it. Thus making the package complete. But, if I get it from the Dragon Box Toy Store I'll feel better about myself. Oh the dilemma. Needless to say, I bought nothing last night.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.