Thursday, February 01, 2007

Deep Breath

Today has been crazy busy. Seems as though work has gone from zero to 60 in 4.2 seconds. It is one of the best feelings in the world, to be so busy that the work day just zooms by. And really, it's been a very fun busy. Calls with interesting people and lots of problems to solve. Good thing that last night was my first class of "Problem solving and decision making". Now here is something that will hopefully come in handy!

I spent all day yesterday angry at the thought of another touchy feely type class, and the thought of a new teacher. I had a horrible attitude upon my arrival in class and slumped into my chair. The first thing the teacher did was say we were going to go around the room and tell something interesting about ourselves. I hate this exercise. I'm really not interesting and being an introvert I truly hate being put on the spot. But she started off and said "I used to be a professional ski instructor, I did that back the day so I could afford to ski". I was in love. This woman spoke my language! From then on I was hers, and I actually learned quite a bit last night. Not that I learned my lesson or anything like that, I'm sure I'll be just as bitter the next time we have one of these touchy feely classes.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.