Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Teeth of Steel

I dread going to the dentist. I dislike having someone in my mouth poking around. Scraping my teeth with their instruments. Snapping the floss. However I always go every 6 months just like they recommend. A little bit of pain to ward off a lifetime of health problems.

Every time I go they "discuss" my brushing with me. Not my habits, I'm a twice a day brusher, always. But rather the "how" of my brushing.

"Turn your brush head this way" they say.
"Switch hands for the other side of your mouth".

Every single time. They are concerned that I'm not getting my something done right. Well apparently I've been listening. Yesterday when I went to the dentist they were impressed. Whatever those problem spots were, they were getting better. My teeth are stronger, my gums are happier, and overall my mouth is in great shape! Somehow they managed to boost my spirits just by telling me how great I was doing. I think it is just a ploy to keep me coming, but its working.

By the way, if you're in the Seattle area and in need of a dentist, I would recommend mine without a doubt. The location is Wallingford Dental Arts at the corner of Wallingford and 40th (kitty corner from the Durn Good Grocery!). My doctor is Dr. Leone. She's very sweet and kind, gentle in the mouth, and can do a mean crown if need be. I started going to her about 4 years ago after my soccer collision injury that left me with one tooth broken right down the middle and two teeth chipped. Throughout the 9 visits that it took to fix said injury Dr. Leone was great and answered all of my questions every step of the way.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.