Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Twas The Night Before Halloween..

Chris and I went to our local vegetable stand a couple of weeks ago and picked out our pumpkins for Halloween. We were going to take them to the carving party that was canceled. He got a great big elongated one that looks like a horse head, and I got a cute little round one.

Sadly a strange pumpkin eating disease has attacked mine and is eating it from the inside out. There is a small hole on one side and a ring of mold that gets bigger everyday. It has been like this for about 2 weeks now and I just can't bring myself to dispose of it. I was going to put it in the yard waste barrel yesterday, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I even went back to the vegetable stand last weekend to pick out a new one and I just stood there - staring at all the pumpkins - but not a single one of them stood out to me like my moldy one back home.

So this year, rather than carve my pumpkin with a scary face I'll just leave it moldy rotten on the front porch. That seems scary enough!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.