Monday, November 05, 2007

Fall Back

On Sunday at 2am we turned our clocks back for Daylight Savings Time. This of course means that very soon it will be dark when I leave work in the afternoons and yet still dark when I leave for work in the morning. I'm not sure any of my daylight has been saved.

A weird thing happened though on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning. At exactly 1:58am I woke up. As I looked at the projected time on the ceiling it slowly dawned on me that the "fall back" would be happening momentarily. There are two clocks I can see from my spot in bed. The first is my projected atomic clock on the ceiling and the second is the cable box. So I watched them both, glancing back and forth between them, excited to see what would happen. And then they both turned 2:00am for a brief second and then fell back to 1am. Almost simultaneously. I witnessed gaining an hour. It was so cool and I wanted to share it with someone but everyone else was asleep (My parents and my Aunt Judy were all staying with us).

But now I'm sharing it here - go me!

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.