Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sad News

Reposting this email from my friend Camille out into cyberspace in case anyone can help out. I also went to school with Jenny, Amy, Jason and Camille. Very sad news indeed.

I received news last night that is weighing VERY heavy on my heart today. Amy Ochs (Eldred) called me last night to let me know that Jenny Ochs (Matthews) is losing her battle with cancer. For those of you that don't know, I grew up going to school with them and playing sports with them. She has been fighting the cancer for 7 years now. Just a few days ago, Jenny was told that the cancer is now in her soft tissues and there is no treatment. The timeline she was given was anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Jenny and her husband Jason have decided to take a trip to Hawaii next week. That is what Jenny really wanted to do. They don't have a lot of money because Jenny has not been able to work for a long time, and Jason has had to take a lot of time off from work. Amy (and her family) are trying to raise enough money to pay for all of their trip, so that they don't have to worry about the money. I am asking you if you would consider helping Jenny live out her dream of going to Hawaii. If we all just give a little bit, it will help them a lot. Thank you so much. Keep Jenny in your thoughts and prayers.
Camille
P.S. You can send any donations to me, and I will get them to Amy ASAP. My address is 20 Brandi Lane, Wenatchee, WA 98801

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.