Monday, April 14, 2008

Break out the short pants!

If you were anywhere near the northwest this past weekend you know how absolutely fabulous it was. Well, Friday and Saturday at least.

I can't even begin to describe how excited I was on Saturday morning when I pulled my rubbermaid container of short pants out from under the guest bed and switched them with my winter sweaters. Goodbye frumpy sweaters, hello cute fun short pants!

I even wore my new Keen sandals with my short pants all day on Saturday. And boy was I glad I did. Chris and I traveled to Olympia Saturday morning to take Grandma to the nursery to get flowers for her planters and a new shrub for her side yard. When we were working in the yard planting our purchases It was about 80 degrees. So awesome, so warm, yay Spring!

Saturday night we went to the Mariners game to enjoy the weather. It was perfect baseball weather and the views from Safeco Field were incredible. Here are a couple of shots I took at the game.





Typical Seattle, yesterday it rained on and off all day. I made the most of it by making a trip to Half Price Pots for new planters for the backyard. Then I went to Lowes and used a gift card we had to get flowers for the planters. At home I planted all of them and lined the steps to our deck with the new planters. I'm not the one with the green thumb in the family but it was fun to get my hands dirty and arrange the flowers just how I wanted them. Of course the true test will be if they live. Time will tell......

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.