Friday, May 09, 2008

When The M's Lose, We All Lose

Chris and I had a coupon for $1 tickets to the Mariners and yesterday was the last day we could use the coupon for so we decided to go to the game.

The first thing we noticed upon entering the stadium was how empty it was. We go to a lot of games and I'm pretty sure I've never seen Safeco so empty.

Our tickets were on the 300 level so we decided to get food up there before going to our seats. Chris went to Ivar's and I decided on Garlic Jim's Pizza. I'm not sure about Chris's experience in line, but mine was less than stellar. At first I was the 3rd person in my line, but then for some random reason they shut down the line next to me and combined those people into my line, pushing me back to about 7th. When I finally reached the front of the line, without even looking up at me, the woman at the register said in a disinterested tone "What do you want, sir". Um...hello? I looked around at the others working at the stand and it appeared that they were all zombies. Second string workers because the M's are so bad? Poor Poor Poor customer service.

We got to our seats and sat down and proceeded to eat our dinners. Chris's fish and chips were ice cold. My pizza was a cardboard disc of yuckiness. I've had a lot of meals at Safeco and this was by far the worst I've ever had.

If the M's are doing bad we all suffer, and not just watching them.

But, there was a really cool brawl about halfway through the game. Apparently if you go 21 runs without scoring you get a little pissed off and take it out on anyone you can. Great show of sportsmanship.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.