Thursday, August 07, 2008

Stepping Stones

I mentioned a while back that I might make some stepping stones to put in one of our new front flower beds. Well I finally got around to it. So far I have made three of them. They aren't ready to be stepped on (the mix said to wait two weeks) but they sure look pretty. I think I'll need about 4 or 5 more at least.

In case you're interested in how to do this: I ordered some Stepping Stone Mix, bought some colored rocks at Pier 1 and picked up three 12'' plant trays from Home Depot to use as the mold. Mixed up the stone mix, sprayed the tray with Pam, poured in the mix and shook it until it settled and then added the colored rocks pressing them about 1/2 way in. Waited 48 hours and then voila! Stepping stones.

1 comment:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.