Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Auto Refill - The Saga Continues

A while back I blogged about my woes with the Safeway Pharmacy Auto Refill Program (click here). And, well, it hasn't gotten any better.

I received a new prescription a month ago and promptly headed to the pharmacy to get it filled. I knew that I still had one more refill left on my previous prescription but asked that they cancel that and make sure to take it off the auto refill. I also asked that the new prescription not be enrolled in auto refill. All went as planned.

About 2 weeks after that I received a call from the automated "Machine" informing me that my prescription was ready to be picked up, my auto refill prescription, the one that should have been canceled (?), or maybe the one that wasn't supposed to be set up on auto refill (?). The suspense was almost more than I could stand so I rushed right over to the pharmacy.

Old prescription, old auto refill......never canceled.

Just for grins I asked "Do you still have my new prescription in your machine?". "Yes". "Ok, is it on Auto Refill?". "No, of course it isn't, you asked that it not be enrolled".

Beyond amazed I once again left Safeway awe.

You're not going to be surprised when I fill you in on what happened next. A few days ago I received a call from the automated "Machine" letting me know that my prescription was ready to be picked up. My prescription that wasn't on auto refill. Oh joy.

I could barely wait to rush to the pharmacy and find out what they were going to supply me with this time. At the counter I gave them my name and they searched high and low for my prescription. Nothing. I explained that the "Machine" had called me just that morning, and you won't believe what they told me this time:

"Oh, well that is why. The machine calls you, then you're supposed to call us and we'll refill your prescription, the call is just a reminder".

Really, I'm not kidding, this is what they told me. I only wish I could make this stuff up.

No comments:

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.