Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kidnappers?

Chris and I are trying to sell Sebastian, our 2002 Subaru Outback. We have had tons of interest, but as of yet no buyers. One of the tricky things about selling a car is the test drive. Chris and I have a system. If the interested party is male he rides along, and if the interested party is female I ride along. But last night a couple showed up, together, and after a few glances between us Chris went along with them.

After they had been gone about 10 minutes I began to watch out the front window for their return. A few minutes later I began to receive text messages from Chris. Here is a transcript:

Chris:
  • Am on north 99
Me:
  • Whoa! What?!? Are you being kidnapped?
Chris:
  • They seem nice but may be kidnapping me
Me:
  • Should I call the police?
Chris:
  • Not yet
Me:
  • Ok keep me posted!
Chris:
  • Ok
  • Took Seneca Exit
Me:
  • Ok Good
Chris:
  • Waiting to get on s 99 at columbia
Me:
  • Ok, do they seem interested in the car?
Chris:
  • Hard to say
  • Heading s on 99 now
  • On w seattle bridge
  • On 35th
  • Switching drivers at car wash place
Me:
  • Ok, where are you now?
Chris:
  • Pulling up
  • Open g door
I think what really threw us off was the extended test drive. Every other test drive we've had has lasted a maximum of 10 blocks. This one took Chris on a tour of Seattle in the dark and rain. Hopefully this means that they'll call to day with an offer. Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks goodness for text messaging/cell phones though, or I probably would have called the police!

1 comment:

Lisa and company said...

hilarious! Smart kidnappers usually confiscate the celluar devices
Hope they buy the car!!!

© 2006 - 2010 Courtney Jones House - All Rights Reserved.